I'd like to start off saying that my wife and I aren't terrible eaters. We treat ourselves now and again to some frozen yogurt and a meal out, but life would get boring pretty quick if you didn't throw in some variety. The difference between my wife and I is that I'd say about 90% of the time I eat, I eat so I wont starve. I don't really care about what it is I'm eating, except that it not wreck my system. I've got a sensitive stomach. So, when it's time to eat, my first instinct is eating whatever is quickest. The answer generally comes up "Fast Food". I mean, with the word fast in the phrasing it's only natural right? Not 'natural' enough for my wife. She's recently read someone's blog lining out their adventures in eating healthier and greener and local grower supporting like. I can't honestly tell you exactly what this blog has pushed into her mind since I haven't read it myself. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I will soon be able to tell you from first hand experience! Yes, that's right. We're going to be doing our own version. Apparently we're going to stick to as many of the guidelines as we can, but we already eat fairly healthy (if not balanced).
I will have to find the blog and link it here for any readers I might snag. For now though, my Day 1 thoughts are that this is going to be a long month. We're going to try and go for 30 days (or more likely 4 weeks). A couple rules that are going to be tough to avoid are No Sugar (processed, so sugars found in fruits and such are still ok as long as it's natural), No white flour breads or white grains, nothing with more than 5 ingredients on the label, and NO FAST FOOD!!! Fine! I think she's secretly trying to kill me...
== On the Menu ==
Lunch today was tuna wraps and grapes. Wifey made up some whole wheat (only grains we get) tortillas which actually were pretty good. They held up better than the white ones you get at the store normally do too! So the whole wheat tortillas wrapped around tuna mixed with some mustard and herbs, topped with some shredded carrots was our Wrap. I should have added some cheese but I only remembered as i was eating it.
Dinner tonight is going to be a chicken that Wifey cooked up in the slow cooker last night. Not sure about our sides, but i'm sure they'll be tasty as well.
==============
I'm not going to post what we're eating every day, but I figured I'd give you an example of what we're going with. If there are meals that I really enjoyed I'll probably post those for all to see. Today's lunch was light and enjoyable, but it's most definitely NOT what I'm used to. I generally only eat Lunch/Dinner so i rely on a slightly heavier meal to get me through... I might have to start eating breakfast again. It's been 10 years since I've done that! That's as much as I can say about our current healthy eating adventure beginning for now. Until next time.
~The Boy
No comments:
Post a Comment